Can you take the heat? Then register today for our Ultimate Chili Cook-Off. Fill out the registration form below by November 6, 2016. We will contact you shortly after to let you know how much chili you will need to cook up.
- Individual contestants or life group teams are welcome to participate. We need to know by October 30 if you are entering a chili. (submit the form below.)
- All contestants must cook everything off-site, bringing in a scrumptious lunch for everyone to enjoy! Bring at least four quarts of chili.
- Judges: Pastors & Elders.
- Competitor’s chili entries will be collected in containers identified only by a letter (A, B, C, etc.). Cooks will receive these containers at the Cooks Meeting.
- Judges will not observe the collection process.
- Judges will assess the chili entries on the following criteria:
- Good flavoring and chili pepper taste (not too hot or too mild)
- Consistency of the mixture (Not too thick or too thin)
- The blend of spices. How well have they permeated the meat?
THE PRIZE: BRAGGING RIGHTS! Along with the opportunity to serve our community together.
Come to compete or eat.
LUNCH & SERVICE
12:45 - 2:00PM
Benefiting the new veterans housing in Federal Way. Supplies we can donate, if you can bring any:
- Linens and towels- comforter/sheet set, mattress pad, pillow, and bath towel set
- Kitchen- cutting board, cookie sheet, knife set, toaster, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, serving spoon set, pots and pans set, dishes and silverware for four, glasses for four and dish towel set, hot pads, strainer/drainer
- Bathroom- tub mat, bath mat, shower curtain & shower rod (standard size), toothbrush holder, soap dish
- Toiletries- shampoo, bar soap, toilet paper, paper towels, laundry basket,
- Cleaning- broom and dust pan, trash bags, dish sponge, dish detergent, toilet brush, laundry detergent, all purpose cleaning and trash cans.
- Electronics- clock radio and flashlight.