CARE & COUNSELING PASTOR
- Born in Everett, WA.
- Joined Christ’s Church pastoral staff in 1991.
- Married Jamie Lynne in 1993. They have four sons: Connor (’97), Carson (’99), Colton (’01) and Cooper (’03).
- Bible Certificate Program, California Center for Biblical Studies, Culver City, CA.
- Bachelor of Arts—Communications, University of Washington, Seattle.
- Master of Arts—Biblical Counseling, The Master’s University, Santa Clarita, CA.
- Biblical Counseling Certification, Association of Certified Biblical Counselors, Louisville, KY.
Ministry Passions: Discipleship, counseling, care, serving in and through the local church.
Hobbies/Leisure Time activities: Basketball, photography, hiking, the beach, watching my sons compete in sports.
Kodak moment: first time I saw Jamie.
What makes me sad? glad? mad?
- Sad: hopeless people and troubled marriages
- Glad: forgiveness
- Mad: blame-shifting
- Books: Instruments in the Redeemer’s Hands by Paul Tripp; The Cross-Centered Life by C.J. Mahaney; Life in the Father’s House by Wayne A. Mack and Dave Swavely; A Severe Mercy by Shelden Vanauken.
- Book of the Bible: 2 Timothy. Paul’s words of instruction and encouragement to Timothy and to us all have inspired and motivated me since I was a boy.
- Childhood memories: Family camping trips and backpacking in the Cascades.
- Foods/snacks/beverage: flank steak, chips & salsa, white chocolate, Peet’s Black Tie.
- Music/Musicians: Jazz, the 70’s, George Winston, Keith & Kristyn Getty.
- Movies: Rocky, Brian’s Song, Facing the Giants, Fireproof.
- TV shows: Andy Griffith, Blue Bloods, March Madness.
- Sports & Sports Teams: Basketball, Huskies, Seahawks, Sounders, Dodgers.
- Local restaurant: Spiro’s Greek Island