Christ’s Church Proposed 2016-2017 Ministry Budget
Dear Church Family,
We are pleased to present to you our proposed ministry budget for the 2016-2017 fiscal year. God has given us His church to passionately and faithfully “make more and better disciples of Jesus Christ” beginning right here in Federal Way and beyond. This mission requires a wise stewardship of all the resources God has blessed us with, including our time, gifts, people, leaders, ministry opportunities, and the generous financial giving of our church family. We are excited about the plans we believe the Lord would have us pursue to better accomplish our mission together. Please read through this brochure and review the various aspects of our plans and financial projections for the coming year. If you have any questions, please contact the church office to speak with Linda Nelson (Business Manager) or Mac Hoover (Chairman of the Elders).
Our budget priorities are designed to help us support five ministry resources and objectives:
- Our Staff Leadership team of 20 (9 full-time, 11 part-time) who equip and shepherd the growing army of willing and faithful ministry servants.
- Our Life Group Ministry: Connecting people in community is our primary ministry approach for helping people learn how to become better disciples and together reach out to our community with compassionate ministry and the gospel message.
- Reaching the next generation: Investing in our children, students and young adults is vital as we develop new ways to reach the next generation of difference-makers.
- Leadership Development: Passing the baton of influence is an essential ministry objective as we mentor and train more gospel-driven servants to carry out ministry opportunities.
- Local and Global Impact: Our mission field is filled with people who need the Lord, so we want to continue to help spread the gospel locally, nationally and around the world through missionaries we support and send out.
We appreciate your faithful and generous financial support through the General Fund which provides for every aspect of our operating and ministry expenditures. This includes personnel, missions, ministry programming, aid and assistance, and the maintenance and care of our buildings and grounds.We support 21 missionaries and ministries locally and around the world.
Any additional offerings will be communicated to our church family as above and beyond our budgeted General Fund needs (e.g. Montana Mission, Christmas Missions, additional Aid & Assistance, etc.)
It is our joy and pleasure to serve you and we invite you to partner with us for another year of investing our time, spiritual gifts and financial support together for the sake of the gospel and God’s glory.
Pastor Jeff Moorehead & Chairman Mac Hoover
May 29th & June 5th: Budget brochures are available at the Info Center. Please take this opportunity to review our ministry plans for the new year.
June 12th: Congregational vote by members.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the budget, please contact Linda Nelson at
Jeff Moorehead, Lead Pastor
Mac Hoover, Elder Chairman
Linda Nelson, Business Administrator
Financial Responsibility Committee Members: Keith Gorder, Stephanie Heritage, David Kim and Larry Nelson
2016/2017 Budget Breakdown Misc.
Administration & Operations
Salaries (20 employees) - $704,732
Payroll Taxes - $37,440
Retirement - $47,762
Health Insurance - $162,270
Misc. Administration - $36,880
Replacement & Maintenance Fund: $107,496
Total Admin/Operations: $1,300,394
Local Area Outreach: $12,510
Global Outreach (Missions): $155,830
Total Outreach: $168,340
Music & Worship: $45,565
Media (Audio-Visual): $22,750
Total Worship: $68,315
(Nursery, Preschool, Elementary, Kids Town Camp, Awana & Outreach events)
Total Children’s Ministries: $34,460
Middle School: $7,200
Senior High: $13,350
Total Student Ministries: $20,550
Adult Ministries/Small Groups
Life Groups & Life Dev. Classes: $10,550
Body Life: $15,286
Men’s Ministries: $2,870
Pastoral Care: $6,125
Women’s Ministries: $11,110
Total Adult Ministries: $45,941