- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Place of Birth: Marshall, Michigan
- Year you began at CCFW: 2000
- Family Info : Married Troy Schlepp March 26, 1988. Have four grown children: Brandon, Bill, Emily, and Troy.
- Education: Graduated from Decatur High School in 1987. Received my true education while raising and homeschooling my four kids. I discovered my love of writing for God when seeking to teach my children to love writing!
Personal Testimony: In 1990, my neighbor, Kathy, witnessed to me continuously. Then in 1991, Billy Graham came to the Kingdome. My husband and I both went forward when he gave the invitation to receive Christ. My life took a 180 degree turn from that day forward. I praise God for His great forgiveness, mercy, and grace I received that day and continue to receive each new day! (Lamentations 3:22-23) Thankful for each new day to serve Him!
Ministry Passion: I LOVE ministering and sharing the Word of God through creative storytelling.
Hobbies, Leisure Time activities: Writing songs, stories, poetry, and reading/listening to Bible commentaries (Dr. James Vernon McGee is my all time favorite). I love going for long walks, gardening, and bird watching. Cake Decorating is another of my favorite things to do.
Kodak Moment: Cooking for my family and having all my children together!
What makes you sad? glad? mad?
- Sad: When people do not acknowledge God and give Him the honor He is due.
- Glad: When my husband smiles at me.
- Mad: When children or elderly people are treated harshly.
- BOOK(s): The Bible, Jane Eyre, Uncle Tom’s Cabin, David Copperfield
- Book of the Bible: Philippians
- Childhood Memory: Working with my dad at the small-town movie theater he owned in Marshall, MI is my favorite childhood memory. As young as 5 yrs old, Dad let me serve at the concession stand. I loved this time in my life! All the free movies, pop, and popcorn I wanted.
- Food/Snack/Beverage: Cheeseburgers, french fries, Diet Coke, popcorn, and s’mores made over the fire (summertime favorite).
- Music/Musician: Newsboys, hymns by Fanny Crosby (To God be the Glory)
- Movie(s): Pride and Prejudice, Remember the Titans
- TV Show: All-time Favs: Andy Griffith and Leave it to Beaver
- Sport/Sports Team(s): Long-distance Running. I love watching track meets! I root for Huskies football, because my hubby and son are alumni.
- NW Getaway: Just walking on the Redondo boardwalk with my hubby.
- Local Restaurant: New Peking Wok in Federal Way.
Other Comments: I am thankful to God and honored that He is allowing me to serve Him doing Kingdom work at Christ’s Church. I love being useful and love, love, love serving, encouraging others, and sharing the good news of Jesus Christ with the children and families in our community through Sunday school, Awana, and community outreach events.