Are you willing to do for the truth what the cults do for a lie?
Ever heard this question?
Ever stopped to consider its implications for your life?
If we have the only gospel truth that can save (and we do) and Satan is committed to spreading his damning lies through false religion (and he does), then what does that mean about me and my witness? Are we willing to allow Satan’s evangelists to out-share us?
As we continue to grow in our love for the good news of Jesus Christ (His saving death, burial, and resurrection), allow the following truths to impassion and motivate your heart to another level of gospel-living, gospel-proclaiming participation.
Did you know? The average Mormon missionary pays $10,000 to spend two years telling people about a false Jesus. Here’s what they do. They get up every morning at 6:30am (pray, exercise 30 minutes, shower, eat breakfast, do language and prescribed studies), then spend 11 hours witnessing and doing service projects (between 10am and 9pm). During that time, they are given 30 minutes for lunch and 60 minutes for dinner and time to study their lessons with their companions. They are expected to go to bed by 10:30pm after writing in their journals and praying. One day a week is called preparation day (write letters, emails, do laundry, shop, clean living quarters, recreate, exercise, and witness between 6pm and 9pm), and once a week they meet with a district leader for up to 90 minutes to discuss and assess their progress. Over the two years of missionary work, they are allowed to call home only two times per year (Christmas & another time of their choosing). They do all of this and more to tell people about a false gospel.
My response? Pray for God to ignite a renewed passion in your heart to be a more faithful and bold witness with the only gospel and only Jesus who can rescue people from their sins.
What are you willing to do differently and more faithfully for the truth?
Sharing the truth with you,
- Aug 9, 2019 Fast Facts on What To Do When You’re on the Ropes in a Witnessing Encounter Aug 9, 2019
- Jul 24, 2019 “Every saved person this side of heaven owes the gospel to every unsaved person this of hell.” Jul 24, 2019
- Jun 29, 2019 It’s Summer: Look Around and Engage Jun 29, 2019
- Jun 8, 2019 Are You Being Honest with Yourself about Your Gospel Witness? Jun 8, 2019
- May 26, 2019 How Do I Share What I Believe? May 26, 2019
- Apr 25, 2019 You have COME to Jesus....Now GO tell! Apr 25, 2019
- Mar 29, 2019 Evidence for the Existence of God Mar 29, 2019
- Mar 29, 2019 Points to Remember When Making the Case for God's Existence Mar 29, 2019
- Mar 29, 2019 Do You Know What Non-Christians Wantfrom Faith Conversations? Mar 29, 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- Dec 20, 2018 18 Prayers for Unbelievers Dec 20, 2018
- Nov 29, 2018 Gospel Grattitude Nov 29, 2018
- Nov 6, 2018 7 Practical Steps to Cultivate a Heart for the Lost Nov 6, 2018
- October 2018
- Aug 23, 2018 Answer This Riveting Question... Aug 23, 2018
- Jul 26, 2018 Darcy, Meg & Kevin....three names in my story. Jul 26, 2018
- Jun 29, 2018 Tips for Telling Someone the Gospel Jun 29, 2018
- May 28, 2018 Take the Tell Someone Summer Challenge May 28, 2018
- Apr 26, 2018 Tell Someone Check-up: How's it Going? Apr 26, 2018
- Feb 28, 2018 Ever Feel Like Your Attempts Aren't Working? Feb 28, 2018
- Dec 25, 2017 Make Your Step - Christmas Dec 25, 2017
- Nov 8, 2017 Make Your Step - Building Bridges Nov 8, 2017
- Oct 26, 2017 Make Your Step - Starting Gospel Conversations Oct 26, 2017
- Sep 28, 2017 Make Your Step - Testimonies & Transitions Sep 28, 2017