BY KIM MOOREHEAD
I planted, Apollos watered, but God was causing the growth. - 1 Corinthians 3:6
It was early my freshman year of college when my dad called to tell me my mom, age 46, had suffered a massive heart attack. I remember the kindness of DARCY, a girl in my dorm, who hugged me and told me she had called her mom back home and asked her to put my mom on their church’s prayer chain. Although I didn’t know what a prayer chain was, I was grateful. I attended this church many times in the years ahead whenever I would visit her on summer vacation. Who would know that years later, I would meet and marry the son of this preacher who first preached the gospel to me.
MEG was my college roommate my sophomore year. She talked about the Lord, always asked if she could pray for me and was always thanking God for everything. To this day, I remember my annoyance as she thanked God for helping her do well on a college mid-term. Although she was the kindest girl I had ever met, I knew at that moment, it was time for a new roommate. She will never know that years later I named my sweet Meg after her.
I met KEVIN my senior year in college while home on summer vacation. He was a cute, blond, football player from school, and I was infatuated. On our first date, he told me he was a Christian and shared with me the good news of the Savior. Our dates that summer consisted of going to a Bible study, watching the Billy Graham Crusade on TV, and going to church. Although I appreciated the message, I was much more interested in the cute messenger at the time, and I was saddened as he kindly separated himself from me at the end of that summer. I didn’t understand it all then, but he knew it wasn’t right to continue dating an unbeliever.
Seeds had been planted in my heart, and that year I began attending church. I graduated that spring, moved to Bellevue, and began attending Darcy’s church where months later I came to know Jesus. In the days before social media, I lost touch with most of them. I would love to tell them who I am now and how their lives impacted mine.
Whose life will be impacted and whose story will you one day be a part of?
We all have people who left a trail of seeds that led us to the foot of the cross. Who are people God used in your "gospel" story?
- Aug 9, 2019 Fast Facts on What To Do When You’re on the Ropes in a Witnessing Encounter Aug 9, 2019
- Jul 24, 2019 “Every saved person this side of heaven owes the gospel to every unsaved person this of hell.” Jul 24, 2019
- Jun 29, 2019 It’s Summer: Look Around and Engage Jun 29, 2019
- Jun 8, 2019 Are You Being Honest with Yourself about Your Gospel Witness? Jun 8, 2019
- May 26, 2019 How Do I Share What I Believe? May 26, 2019
- Apr 25, 2019 You have COME to Jesus....Now GO tell! Apr 25, 2019
- Mar 29, 2019 Evidence for the Existence of God Mar 29, 2019
- Mar 29, 2019 Points to Remember When Making the Case for God's Existence Mar 29, 2019
- Mar 29, 2019 Do You Know What Non-Christians Wantfrom Faith Conversations? Mar 29, 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- Dec 20, 2018 18 Prayers for Unbelievers Dec 20, 2018
- Nov 29, 2018 Gospel Grattitude Nov 29, 2018
- Nov 6, 2018 7 Practical Steps to Cultivate a Heart for the Lost Nov 6, 2018
- October 2018
- Aug 23, 2018 Answer This Riveting Question... Aug 23, 2018
- Jul 26, 2018 Darcy, Meg & Kevin....three names in my story. Jul 26, 2018
- Jun 29, 2018 Tips for Telling Someone the Gospel Jun 29, 2018
- May 28, 2018 Take the Tell Someone Summer Challenge May 28, 2018
- Apr 26, 2018 Tell Someone Check-up: How's it Going? Apr 26, 2018
- Feb 28, 2018 Ever Feel Like Your Attempts Aren't Working? Feb 28, 2018
- Dec 25, 2017 Make Your Step - Christmas Dec 25, 2017
- Nov 8, 2017 Make Your Step - Building Bridges Nov 8, 2017
- Oct 26, 2017 Make Your Step - Starting Gospel Conversations Oct 26, 2017
- Sep 28, 2017 Make Your Step - Testimonies & Transitions Sep 28, 2017