It’s now been one year since over 100 of our church family committed to being a better, more faithful witness for Jesus Christ. Our Tell Someone campaign was designed to re-inform, re-tool, and re-motivate our hearts to grow in our personal and corporate gospel passion, skill, and faithfulness. Here is what we shared last August as we prepared ourselves to become better witnesses for Jesus Christ:
WHY Do You Tell Someone?
It matters to God that you tell someone: His election drives us (2 Tim.2:10). His command drives us (1 Pet. 2:9). His cross work drives us (2 Cor. 5:14-15). His compassion drives us (Ezek. 18:23). His change agents (the gospel & Holy Spirit) drive us to tell someone.
It matters eternally to people that you tell someone: People are helpless without Christ; headed for hell without Christ; need hope in Christ.
It matters to you that someone told you: You and I are forgiven, delivered, rescued, filled with hope today because someone told us about Jesus Christ; so how grateful are we?
WHAT Do You Tell Someone?
In one word, the “gospel.”
We tell them God made the first move: He created everything, wrote the rules for life to love Him and others with all our hearts.
We tell them People made the second move: Instead of worshipping and loving God, we had a problem (rebellion against God) which put us in a predicament (lived a futile life without any ability to get the forgiveness we needed) which brought a penalty (cursed by sin and physical, spiritual, and eternal death).
We tell them Christ made the third move: Jesus Christ, the God-man who was able to forgive sin, came and lived a sinless life we couldn’t and didn’t live so He could be an acceptable sacrifice by His death for our sin.
We tell them it’s now your move: The gospel demands a response of turning from sin and trusting in Jesus Christ alone (Mark 1:15) to receive forgiveness of sins and eternal life.
HOW Do You Tell Someone?
Pray about telling someone. (Col. 4:2-4; Rom. 10:1)
Personify the message you tell someone: Watch your testimony as you "walk the talk" (1 Thess. 4:12). Watch your timing as you “make the most of the opportunity.” (Col. 4:5)
Proclaim the message you tell someone: Saturate your words with “grace” (Col. 4:6) as you gently and lovingly share the bad news and the good news. Season your words with “salt” (Col. 4:5) as you look for ways to answer their questions.
As you consider this next year, what needs to change in your heart in order for you to become a more faithful and joy-filled witness of Jesus Christ?
Do you need to pray daily for open doors or courage to engage others and plant some gospel seeds?
Do you need to grow in your compassion and love for the lost?
Do you need to brush up on the gospel message so you are ready to share when the opportunity comes?
Read the following testimony we received last week and let it motivate and encourage your heart.
May the Lord raise up many more like this woman to tell the many around us about the only hope for real and eternal life.
- Mar 29, 2019 Evidence for the Existence of God Mar 29, 2019
- Mar 29, 2019 Points to Remember When Making the Case for God's Existence Mar 29, 2019
- Mar 29, 2019 Do You Know What Non-Christians Wantfrom Faith Conversations? Mar 29, 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- Dec 20, 2018 18 Prayers for Unbelievers Dec 20, 2018
- Nov 29, 2018 Gospel Grattitude Nov 29, 2018
- Nov 6, 2018 7 Practical Steps to Cultivate a Heart for the Lost Nov 6, 2018
- October 2018
- Aug 23, 2018 Answer This Riveting Question... Aug 23, 2018
- Jul 26, 2018 Darcy, Meg & Kevin....three names in my story. Jul 26, 2018
- Jun 29, 2018 Tips for Telling Someone the Gospel Jun 29, 2018
- May 28, 2018 Take the Tell Someone Summer Challenge May 28, 2018
- Apr 26, 2018 Tell Someone Check-up: How's it Going? Apr 26, 2018
- Feb 28, 2018 Ever Feel Like Your Attempts Aren't Working? Feb 28, 2018
- Dec 25, 2017 Make Your Step - Christmas Dec 25, 2017
- Nov 8, 2017 Make Your Step - Building Bridges Nov 8, 2017
- Oct 26, 2017 Make Your Step - Starting Gospel Conversations Oct 26, 2017
- Sep 28, 2017 Make Your Step - Testimonies & Transitions Sep 28, 2017