School is almost out; the sun is almost ready to stay out, and people all around us will be outside hiking, cycling, picnicking, working in their lawns and gardens, visiting parks, playing at the beaches, walking on the sidewalks, just enjoying the great Pacific Northwest. It’s a perfect opportunity to connect.
As we begin to see more and more people, this gives us another great opportunity to plant some gospel seeds this summer.
Are you ready? Are you willing? Are you looking? Would you like to take the summer challenge?
Pray daily for your burden for the lost and for gospel eyes and opportunities to connect with people and plant some seeds.
Plant at least one seed every week this summer. Here’s a few ways to consider:
Ask a friend to read one of our gospel tracts and to share their feedback (we have a variety of tracts in the foyer of the Worship Center available to use).
Invite over some neighbors or friends you’ve been praying for and look for opportunities to transition your conversation toward gospel topics.
Ask some questions about current events to those in your sphere of influence that invite discussion.
Invite a family with younger children to come to our Kids Town Camp week (July 9-13).
Invite some friends to church or to our all-church picnic on August 12.
Pray for an unbeliever who shares a need they are struggling with.
Start a Christianity 101-type Bible study in your neighborhood and invite some of your neighbors.
What other ideas can you think of for planting some seeds???
Read this excellent and helpful article on Christian hospitality and outreach by Rosario Butterfield: Christian Hospitality is Radically Different.
Be part of the 36% group: Read this chilling article about how 64% of Christians now believe sharing faith is optional: Sharing Faith is Increasingly Optional to Christians.
Remember Proverbs 11:30 – “The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he who is wise wins souls."
Taking the Challenge With You,
- Mar 29, 2019 Evidence for the Existence of God Mar 29, 2019
- Mar 29, 2019 Points to Remember When Making the Case for God's Existence Mar 29, 2019
- Mar 29, 2019 Do You Know What Non-Christians Wantfrom Faith Conversations? Mar 29, 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- Dec 20, 2018 18 Prayers for Unbelievers Dec 20, 2018
- Nov 29, 2018 Gospel Grattitude Nov 29, 2018
- Nov 6, 2018 7 Practical Steps to Cultivate a Heart for the Lost Nov 6, 2018
- October 2018
- Aug 23, 2018 Answer This Riveting Question... Aug 23, 2018
- Jul 26, 2018 Darcy, Meg & Kevin....three names in my story. Jul 26, 2018
- Jun 29, 2018 Tips for Telling Someone the Gospel Jun 29, 2018
- May 28, 2018 Take the Tell Someone Summer Challenge May 28, 2018
- Apr 26, 2018 Tell Someone Check-up: How's it Going? Apr 26, 2018
- Feb 28, 2018 Ever Feel Like Your Attempts Aren't Working? Feb 28, 2018
- Dec 25, 2017 Make Your Step - Christmas Dec 25, 2017
- Nov 8, 2017 Make Your Step - Building Bridges Nov 8, 2017
- Oct 26, 2017 Make Your Step - Starting Gospel Conversations Oct 26, 2017
- Sep 28, 2017 Make Your Step - Testimonies & Transitions Sep 28, 2017