It’s been 34 weeks since we all took the Tell Someone Challenge (September 3, 2017) and it’s time for a little check-up.
Two Questions to Gauge Your Gospel Witness
1. How is my gospel witness progressing?
Am I keeping the commitment I made to the Lord in September of 2017?
What ways have I seen the Lord use me to be a gospel witness?
What obstacles have kept me from being the gospel witness I desire?
2. What needs to be specifically changed or adjusted to become a better gospel witness?
Am I praying faithfully about my burden for the lost, unbelievers around me, courage, and gospel opportunities?
Am I actively looking for opportunities to plant gospel seeds?
Am I thinking about ways to transition conversations or relationships toward the gospel message?
Am I keeping my mind and heart informed and sensitized to my gospel witness through Scripture and articles that can encourage and equip me?
Do I need to invite another brother or sister into my life who will encourage me and help keep me active in the gospel ministry?
Three Action Steps
1. Let this quote sink into your heart by Charles Hadden Spurgeon: “If sinners will be damned, at least let them leap to hell over our bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees, imploring them to stay. If hell must be filled, at least let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go there unwarned and unprayed for.”
2. Read this helpful article: 4 Reasons Why People Don’t Evangelize
3. What is my number one thing that needs to be addressed so I can be a better witness? Be honest, pray about it, talk to someone about it, and act on it.
Don’t forget to stop by the Tell Someone Resource table and pick up some excellent gospel tracts, articles or reminders as you grow your gospel witness.
Walking With You,
- Jun 29, 2019 It’s Summer: Look Around and Engage Jun 29, 2019
- Jun 8, 2019 Are You Being Honest with Yourself about Your Gospel Witness? Jun 8, 2019
- May 26, 2019 How Do I Share What I Believe? May 26, 2019
- Apr 25, 2019 You have COME to Jesus....Now GO tell! Apr 25, 2019
- Mar 29, 2019 Evidence for the Existence of God Mar 29, 2019
- Mar 29, 2019 Points to Remember When Making the Case for God's Existence Mar 29, 2019
- Mar 29, 2019 Do You Know What Non-Christians Wantfrom Faith Conversations? Mar 29, 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- Dec 20, 2018 18 Prayers for Unbelievers Dec 20, 2018
- Nov 29, 2018 Gospel Grattitude Nov 29, 2018
- Nov 6, 2018 7 Practical Steps to Cultivate a Heart for the Lost Nov 6, 2018
- October 2018
- Aug 23, 2018 Answer This Riveting Question... Aug 23, 2018
- Jul 26, 2018 Darcy, Meg & Kevin....three names in my story. Jul 26, 2018
- Jun 29, 2018 Tips for Telling Someone the Gospel Jun 29, 2018
- May 28, 2018 Take the Tell Someone Summer Challenge May 28, 2018
- Apr 26, 2018 Tell Someone Check-up: How's it Going? Apr 26, 2018
- Feb 28, 2018 Ever Feel Like Your Attempts Aren't Working? Feb 28, 2018
- Dec 25, 2017 Make Your Step - Christmas Dec 25, 2017
- Nov 8, 2017 Make Your Step - Building Bridges Nov 8, 2017
- Oct 26, 2017 Make Your Step - Starting Gospel Conversations Oct 26, 2017
- Sep 28, 2017 Make Your Step - Testimonies & Transitions Sep 28, 2017