Christmas is a wonderful season when many unbelievers are more open to the idea of Jesus Christ and the church than at any other time of the year. It’s a great time to think about how to use opportunities to introduce others to the gospel message.
Here are three simple ways to connect others to the message of Christ:
1. Invite someone to a Christmas event or service with you.
Christmas events are excellent ways of engaging others with the true meaning of Christmas. Invite your guests out for a Christmas beverage and dessert afterward and talk about the event or service. Ask questions like “What did you think about the event (service)?” and “Tell me what you thought about the message that was shared,” or other questions that reveal their attitude toward faith and the gospel.
2. Give your unbelieving friends a gospel resource that will make them think about the message of Jesus Christ at Christmas. There are some great tools that can be given as gifts that become springboards for gospel conversations. Consider giving a resource to your friends and invite them to share their feedback with you.
Notice how this research highlights the openness and opportunity Christmas provides.
Here are some possible resources to share:
View Life in Six Words (5 minute spoken word presentation by Jason Petty).
Something Amazing (2 minute animated presentation of the gospel).
Come, Let Us Adore Him by Paul Tripp (daily devotional): This collection of 31 daily devotional readings takes readers through every day of December, seeking to “reactivate” their awe and wonder at the Christmas story.
Send one of these links to your friends with a note that says something like, “I’d love for you to see this video as it explains the meaning of Christmas. Let me know what you think. I look forward to hearing from you. Have a Merry Christmas” or “I’d love for you to join me in experiencing the story of Advent during this Christmas season and hearing what you think about it.”
3. Pray for your friends and God’s favor on your efforts and interactions with them.
We are praying for you as you continue with your commitment to "Tell Someone." Need a refresher? Revisit the messages online. And don't forget to share your stories with us.
Telling someone with you,
- Aug 9, 2019 Fast Facts on What To Do When You’re on the Ropes in a Witnessing Encounter Aug 9, 2019
- Jul 24, 2019 “Every saved person this side of heaven owes the gospel to every unsaved person this of hell.” Jul 24, 2019
- Jun 29, 2019 It’s Summer: Look Around and Engage Jun 29, 2019
- Jun 8, 2019 Are You Being Honest with Yourself about Your Gospel Witness? Jun 8, 2019
- May 26, 2019 How Do I Share What I Believe? May 26, 2019
- Apr 25, 2019 You have COME to Jesus....Now GO tell! Apr 25, 2019
- Mar 29, 2019 Evidence for the Existence of God Mar 29, 2019
- Mar 29, 2019 Points to Remember When Making the Case for God's Existence Mar 29, 2019
- Mar 29, 2019 Do You Know What Non-Christians Wantfrom Faith Conversations? Mar 29, 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- Dec 20, 2018 18 Prayers for Unbelievers Dec 20, 2018
- Nov 29, 2018 Gospel Grattitude Nov 29, 2018
- Nov 6, 2018 7 Practical Steps to Cultivate a Heart for the Lost Nov 6, 2018
- October 2018
- Aug 23, 2018 Answer This Riveting Question... Aug 23, 2018
- Jul 26, 2018 Darcy, Meg & Kevin....three names in my story. Jul 26, 2018
- Jun 29, 2018 Tips for Telling Someone the Gospel Jun 29, 2018
- May 28, 2018 Take the Tell Someone Summer Challenge May 28, 2018
- Apr 26, 2018 Tell Someone Check-up: How's it Going? Apr 26, 2018
- Feb 28, 2018 Ever Feel Like Your Attempts Aren't Working? Feb 28, 2018
- Dec 25, 2017 Make Your Step - Christmas Dec 25, 2017
- Nov 8, 2017 Make Your Step - Building Bridges Nov 8, 2017
- Oct 26, 2017 Make Your Step - Starting Gospel Conversations Oct 26, 2017
- Sep 28, 2017 Make Your Step - Testimonies & Transitions Sep 28, 2017