Hi CCFW women!
I hope you are excited about this fall season with leaves changing, football games, squash and pumpkin everything, and much more. I wanted to share with you one of my favorite muffin recipes, Pumpkin Spice Carrot Muffins. My goal is to come up with healthy substitutes or reducing the naughty ingredients with good ones, so that you feel less of the guilt when snacking on your homemade goodies. The key is to figure out how to still make it taste good, of course! Trust me, I've made my fair share of cardboard tasting muffins, dense cookies where the only good ingredient is the chocolate chips, or breads that never seem to cook in the center regardless of how long I keep it in the oven! It's all part of the fun and finding what works and what doesn't. The recipe I wanted to share with you will hopefully not give you any of the above outcomes, but rather, light and fluffy spice muffins that will smell up your whole house and make you want to cozy up on the couch with a cup of coffee.
Pumpkin Spice Carrot Muffins
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 t. pumpkin pie spice
2 t. baking powder
1-1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1 6 oz. container plain Greek yogurt
4 T. coconut oil (melted) *could sub olive or canola oil*
2 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
2 cups peeled, shredded carrots
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line 18 cups of a standard muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, stir together flours, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, add melted coconut oil then slowly whisk in yogurt, milk and eggs.
5. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add oil/yogurt mixture. Stir until just combined, then fold in shredded carrots.
6. Spoon batter into muffin cups until they're 2/3 full. Bake for 17-20 minutes.
7. Transfer to a wire rack then ENJOY!
Here's the link for this recipe on my blog: Pumpkin Spice Carrot Muffin
Have a blessed fall and enjoy all the goodness God brings you this season.